Short of breath and need my oxygen most of the time. I think this is a flare-up, but I am not certain. I called my Dr but cannot get in to see her until mid-August. A few days ago, I became severely out of breath and became incontinent on my way to the bathroom. How serious is this issue, and how should I respond to it?
This situation sounds serious and needs urgent attention β please don't wait until mid-August. A sudden and significant increase in shortness of breath, especially severe enough to cause incontinence, is a sign that something needs to be checked right away. Here's what to do right now:
- Call your doctor's office again and Show Full Answer
I talked to the nurse at my pulmonologist's office this morning and have an appointment at 8:00 am tomorrow. Thanks to all of you for your concern and advice. ,
It is serious. Did you have oxygen on then? When your O2 is too low and you lose control. If you call your pulmonologist you should get in right away. If not go urgent care or ER.
Good advice! I could not breathe one morning and decided to drive to the hospital and almost did not make the trip. Don't wait too long! John
That's great