Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Walnut Creek, CA

I baked a copycat Starbuck's lemon loaf and it smelled very lemony in the oven as it baked, but it doesn't taste lemony to me. I've noticed other foods don't taste the same either.

August 30
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members related to the question about losing taste, with many sharing that they have noticed the same issue and wondering if it is connected... Read more

Members related to the question about losing taste, with many sharing that they have noticed the same issue and wondering if it is connected to COPD, aging, dry mouth, or inhaler side effects. Several members offered practical tips, including using mouth moisturizing sprays like Biotene before eating, adding extra lemon juice to boost flavor, and rinsing thoroughly after using inhalers to avoid thrush, which can also affect taste. A recurring theme was relief in knowing taste changes are a real symptom and not imagined, along with warm encouragement and support shared throughout the thread.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

Well fellow members,the facts are that by age 60 we loose about 60 percent of our tastebuds.I am not too sure where I sit now at age 80 though LOL ,I still go out on a date night every Friday night to enjoy some great food and service though !

September 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I looked on the Internet and it said it’s natural with aging over 60. But I would ask your doctor to be sure they said sometimes it can be due to respiratory illnesses like Covid.

August 30
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I thought it was just something I was imagining but I've noticed that things don't taste that great so it's not all in my head it's actually a symptom of COPD ? Wow thanks for sharing

September 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

U know I noticed that to just thought it was me could it because of the inhalers we use

September 15
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Kathie2 You are such a blessing to many! Thank you for your sweet posts. Take care and God bless you!

September 2

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Porthmadog Gwynedd