Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I try to get meds can’t get kids off had trouble getting my nebulizer to work if I fill it n b ready if it falls over I lose the liquid I’m just so afraid of sleeping now have a sleep
Study soon to get a c pap? Machine I need to know how to deal with the copious amts of thick phlem n can’t breathe also trying to quit smoking😭
Thanks everyone
Mela

August 17, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Quitting smoking is a must if you expect any types of treatments to help you.

August 18, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I smoked for 40yers and because I got tired having Bronchitis every 2 months I laid them down never smoked again I think the answer to quitting is have to want to stop!! I hope you can do it for yourself!!♥️🙏🏻08/18/2025

August 18, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My second day I agree all or non I decided I’d rather breathe than smoke ❤️

August 25, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I would say the C-pap machine you should be using will take care of the oxygen levels at night. But 'smoking' is making things worse for you.

August 18, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

CPAP is good. Quit smoking NOW. No 'cutting down' or any of that. You either smoke, or you don't. I quit cold turkey and I knew it was the only way I could do it. If I tried 'cutting down until I could quit' I knew I would justify every stinking puff and be right back at is cuz 'I had a bad day'. Drink lots of water, avoid people as much as possible, because you will be combative, and if it's too much, ask someone to blow their smoke in your face. That's how I got through it, but once I decided I was done, I never lit another one up. I was too late with that, as I found out in 2021, but if I had still been smoking when COVID put me in the hospital, I wouldn't have made it back out.

August 25, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colorado Springs, CO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Smyrna Beach, FL